Stock Movement Assistant - Bury St Edmunds - 20 hrs - £6.43 (under 21) - £7.60 per hour - Permanent
Debenhams Stockroom Assistants play a vital role in our store teams to ensure our products are ready and available for our customers. They have a logical and organised approach towards ensuring the safe transition of our stock from delivery through to the sales floor. Often operating behind the scenes they are dedicated to making sure the shop floor remains well stocked and quickly replenished, processing the deliveries that arrive daily.
From the arrival of our deliveries you will support the unloading, sorting, tagging and sizing of stock in preparation for its arrival to the shop floor as well as using our in house technology to identify and record the required products.
They promote a positive and willing approach towards product availability and presentation, ensuring all sizes, colours and styles are available for our customers to buy. Using your extensive knowledge of our products, services and online ordering opportunities you will take responsibility for customer queries when on the shop floor, helping find the best possible solution for our customers. Working within this environment you will require an awareness of security at all times to ensure our stock room remains a safe environment for all staff. You will be required to demonstrate an understanding of health and safety and manual handling guidelines which you will apply when climbing ladders or lifting heavy items.
Apply online @ http://debenhams-careers.com/
Sales Adviser - Travel Money - Bury St Edmunds - 20 hrs-£6.35 (under 21) - £7.30 per hour - Permanent
Debenhams Travel Money Advisers will have a thorough knowledge of currency and rates in order to provide our customers with the flying start required for any break. Organised and able to work on your own you will handle and reconcile cash, taking pride in keeping clear documentation, and using your initiative to investigate any discrepancies.
You will fulfil the customers every need by drawing attention to our additional services including travel insurance. Your exceptional customer service will ensure customers return to your Travel Bureau and give a great lasting impression of Debenhams, drawing attention to our exclusive services including in store ordering, Beauty Card and Account Card.
A naturally fast paced environment requires an easily adaptable person with enthusiasm and passion for the role. If this is you, we are dedicated to ensuring you fulfil your potential. We offer a structured programme whereby our management team are committed to assisting you with achieving your goals and designing your future within Debenhams.
Apply online @ http://debenhams-careers.com/
Have you got Animal Instincts?
In 1987, two surfers, tired of losing their watches to the waves, designed an innovative solution: the hook and loop strap. Rapidly adopted by the action sport community, the watch went on to launch the Animal brand. Thirty years later, Animal has become the premier UK action sports lifestyle brand. Defined by the sports at its core —surfing, snowboarding and mountain biking— Animal continues to evolve, bringing the thrill of the ride to alternative environments, from Kitesurfing and wakeboarding to BMX and skateboarding. Animal is proud to support its own pro team of riders and advocates, keeping the ride at the heart of everything they do. For the past three decades, Animal has operated a programme of 'rider-refined’ innovation, using the pro team to test and tweak products for real rider performance. The Animal range has grown to include action sports lifestyle clothing, wetsuits, technical outerwear, footwear, watches, luggage and accessories. Authentic to its British roots, all products are designed in-house at Animal HQ, located on the south coast.
Reporting to the regional manager and store manager, you will be responsible for the management of staff, stock, customers and premises to ensure the delivery of outstanding quality customer service that is cost effective, timely and meets company policy requirements, as well as agreed targets, budgets and KPI’s.
· To ensure world-class customer service standards are delivered at all times. Customer service is central to the Animal team and we pride ourselves on having a bespoke customer service training programme to help us be the best on the high street and leave customers with an unforgettable experience.
· To ensure that you and your team are brand ambassadors, consistently delivering the Animal ethos and culture and ensuring world-class standards of customer service remain at the forefront at all times. Inspire, coach and motivate staff to provide exceptional customer service and to demonstrate the key principles of this in your day-to-day behaviours and thus act as a role model for other staff.
· To run the daily operations and management of the store in the absence of the store manager.
· To be an ambassador and credible representative of Animal. Possess an excellent level of brand knowledge, its ethics and core values.
· To drive store performance in all areas. To have the passion to excel.
· To approach your job with a complete sense of ownership and accept the accountability that derives from that ownership.
· To ensure all commercial KPI’s are met, including: sales targets, stock control, staff budgets, mystery shopper results and P&L costs.
· Use your commercial instinct to be in tune with local market and brand competitors.
· To ensure that you and the store team remain professional when dealing with customer complaints and/or queries and the store team are aware of their responsibilities as brand ambassadors.
· To work with the visual merchandisers and follow all VM guidelines to maximize customer flow and sales potential.
· To proactively train and develop the skills of all existing staff and new staff members to be the best on the high street.
· To ensure that all aspects of the store’s operations are carried out according to company guidelines. To follow company manuals and use the management tools available, including: health &safety, administration, maintenance, security, banking, stocktaking and housekeeping.
· To address staff issues or concerns effectively, completing disciplinary and grievance investigations and liaising with personnel when appropriate.
· To work with your regional manager to continually strive to improve turnover and the profitability of your store.
· In-depth knowledge of the Animal brand, its heritage and history.
· Possess a keen eye for detail.
· Have a wide understanding of retail trends.To apply please hand your CV into the store, or send it via e-mail for the attention of Leigh Crome at email@example.com